Rut of KfarGanot

Thursday 19 July 2012

Bread on a stick!

29 Tamuz

After he had kissed his two youngest children, Shmuel went up to the roof to sleep with Shmuli. Earlier, I had given the lad some honey wine mulled with relaxing herbs. He was sleeping soundly. I don't think Shmuel got much sleep though. He lay awake to see why Shmuli is so tired. Since there is in moon, it was very dark, and although he could not see anything, he could hear the little boy talking to himself. He told me he could not make out everything but Shmuli appeared to be trying to come up with exciting business plans. He promised me he would do something about it today, for Shmuli's sake.

Galit and Yoshi both turned up for breakfast this morning. Our bread arrived in a novel way, too. Galit had made small loaves in the shape of rings and threaded them on a stick much as you would see bangles at the market. What a brilliant idea! Yoshi wanted to fix sticks to the cart, then they could take more goods out when they were selling to the crowds.

After dealing with the animals and other necessary farm business, my two men, Shmuel and Shmuli  set off for the Kinneret valley. I did not see them until after dark, but they were both smiling. They went straight to bed, too. I have no idea where they went, I wonder if they will tell me?

No comments:

Post a Comment