Rut of KfarGanot

Monday 30 July 2012

Confession is good for the soul

11 Av

I don’t know.  Shmuli has been teasing his sister today for eating too many raisins. It was not so long ago, he had a belly ache from eating fresh olives. Boys have such short memories! She is quite a lot better today, but has informed me she still likes raisins, but they don’t like her! She was up early for the milking so I am sure there is no lasting harm done. Shmuel said that the reason he is still not keen on raisins is because he did the same thing himself as a lad. In his case, though, he sneaked into the store for a midnight feast and his uncle found him curled up with the empty jar fast asleep. He only escaped a talk behind the woodshed because he was so ill. As for me, I once gave myself toothache eating dates! I can still taste the clove oil I was given every time I think about it. I suppose confession is good for the soul. Rabbi Moshe says so, anyway. I can’t help thinking that I put my parents through quite a lot, when my children do the things I used to do it makes me cringe...

No comments:

Post a Comment