Rut of KfarGanot

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Galit has gone up in the world

It is so quiet around here today.It’s just as well as Shmuel says we will begin harvesting the grapes tomorrow.  I’ll be keeping an eye on the animals with Chava so that the men can deal with the vines. Shmuel will help with the sheep before he gets started in the morning. There is much milking and cheese making to be done. I feel a little out of practice. Then there is the spinning and weaving to get on with. Milchah will be coming in the afternoons to make baskets while Chava, Hadassah and I get on with the weaving. I wish I could make garments as fast as she makes baskets! Shmuel is impressed and, I suspect, a little jealous since he has to fit it in when he can. I know he loves to be creative but at harvest he has so little time.

A few passers by were asking after Rabbi Yeshua earlier and were cajoled into buying supplies from the boys. Galit has a real spring in his step, too. The boys have made him a senior partner in the business. He really deserves that since he works so hard. He asked Chava to ask me ...to ask Shmuel ...to ask Shmuli if his younger brother, Lud,  could be a junior partner, after all, “you can’t be seniors if there are no juniors can you?” I can see why he could not ask Shmuli himself, he thinks Shmuel can convince him... we’ll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment