Rut of KfarGanot

Saturday 21 July 2012

It's Shabbat and Shmuli's mind is working overtime!

2 Av

What is it about growing older? The weeks seem to get shorter. I remember how far away Shabbat used to seem on the first day when I was Rivkah's age. Aunt Tirzah keeps telling me it gets better as you get older, Shabbats get closer and closer together. She is beginning to wonder when they will join up into one long glorious day of rest! That sounds rather fanciful to me, but she is convinced that now Yeshua is here it just might happen!

As for Shmuli and Rivkah they have been trying to get Galit to tell them what the surprise is but he told them it is not something for Shabbat. Now Shmuli is trying not to wonder about it in case it is something for the business and that guessing it today might be work! He asked me how you stop your thoughts working on Shabbat? How can a boy stop his mind doing what it wants? I told him to ask Shmuel who thanked me sarcastically. He said if Shmuli could find that out he would be the wisest man that ever lived.

Rabbi Moshe told him that even the great Shlomo had not answered that one to his satisfaction, but he guessed that studying Torah would help so Shmuli had been reciting Torah to his chickens most of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment