Rut of KfarGanot

Wednesday 15 August 2012

A letter from Grandma Miriam

27 Av

Miriam had written me a short letter. I found it this morning wrapped in one of the bonnets:
“From Grandma Miriam, to my adopted family in KfarGanot.
I hope you are all well and that the two new members of your family are behaving themselves, not keeping you awake at night. As Ya’acov was travelling your way to visit our my dear friend Rabbi Moshe, I asked him to deliver these gifts for me. I hope you did not mind me sending Shmuli the knife. It was made by a man I know and seemed just the thing a young farmer like him would need for his work. I am sure he will be sensible with it. He has a wise head on those young shoulders and I am sure his egg and food business brings in a good income. Miriam of Migdal says he “has what it takes” to go far, and she should know. I remember how my dear Yosef used to teach our boys to be responsible with their tools, how to use them safely and how to look after them. I am sure Shmuel is already teaching your young man these skills. I hope to visit KfarNahum in the near future and will come to see you then. May HaShem bless you all”

Shmuel said he had to go to the Rabbi’s house to talk to Ya’acov again this morning. Rabbi Moshe had shown him the letter from his old mentor, Shim’on last night just before Danni and he came home. He just read it and wept. Shmuel hopes he is Ok, but they felt it was best to leave the rest of their business until this morning. What we had not realised was that Ya’acov did not know about the letter and Miriam had not told him about how Yeshua was born. She had kept it all to herself all these years the only people she had ever told were the few who had been here in our own front room that night after they had fled Natzaret.

No comments:

Post a Comment