Rut of KfarGanot

Tuesday 7 August 2012

It's only a little splinter

19 Av

This morning was relatively quiet, save for a visit from Eli who wanted to see the boys. I told him that if there was was a problem maybe they should speak to one of the fathers. Just as he was about to leave, Shmuel came in. He had a splinter in his hand and he needed help. I took him into the light , cleaned the wound and removed a small piece of wood. I applied some rather strong smelling ointment making him yelp.
"Are you trying to kill me?!!!"
"Come on... it's only a little splinter!"
"The small ones are the worst!"
It was only then he noticed Eli who had followed us into the yard. The old man was smiling. They both burst out laughing and went to sit by the wall. As he left they shook hands, that is, Shmuel offered his good one and Eli gave it a friendly squeeze. Shmuel came over to me shaking his head.
"I don't know what that's all about, but I think I just invited the elders to dinner tonight. You'd better get cooking, I don't know if their wives are coming or not, but I'm sure you'll manage!"

Well, really! Doesn't he realise how difficult that makes it? I think the women's group will be cooking rather than weaving this afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment