Rut of KfarGanot

Saturday 11 August 2012

Rivkah will be the bestest

23 Av

It's amazing! Shabbat is here already. Shabbat Shalom! We have so much to be thankful for this week.

My mother alwaysencouraged usto count our blessings on Shabbat. As I take stock of HaShem's goodness to us I cannot believe how much our lives have changed. Our family, which had seemed small in comparison with most others has grown, and yet we do not feel the financial strain as I had feared we might because our businesses are flourishing. In fact we are all in business now in ways we never thought possible just last year. Not only that, Shmuel has money to spare for presents! I cannot remember that being the case... ever! - Only on weddings and special occasions, perhaps, but never out of the blue like this week. - We just did not have the money for such luxuries. And now Shmuel and Danni will be joining the elders, we are truly blessed!

I think Rivkah found the sling a little harder than she had imagined yesterday. She sidled up to me at supper and asked me why boys can do some things better than girls. She told me that she can throw, but that Shmuli keeps telling her to "aim", but she was not sure how.
I told her she was very good at aiming. She can certainly point Nat in the right direction when it counts ~ I doubt Shmuli could do that. She just needed to practice. Her Daddy believes she can do it and he knows about these things. She kissed me and said,
"If my Daddy believes I can do it I'll be the bestest, just you see!"


No comments:

Post a Comment