Rut of KfarGanot

Thursday 23 August 2012

Saved by etiquette Baruch HaShem!

5 Elul

We had an interesting conversation over supper last night. It seems that Yeshua has gone up North for a while. I guess his life is getting really hectic these days. Crowds follow him everywhere. But Ya'acov did get to talk to Cephas's family and they put him in touch with Jairus and he had spoken with Yehud'it.
"She and Miri are amazing." He took a deep breath."They told me they were sworn to secrecy"
"I can believe it..."I began
"You too?"
I just looked at him.
"It seems my older brother rather makes a habit of this. I don't suppose...?"
I shook my head.
"So it's a matter of faith."
As I had realised some weeks ago, it is exactly that. Yeshua wants us to believe in him, for ourselves.
"All these days l have spent with Yov he hasn't said much either except that before he met my bother, he was a leper... and now he is not,'Baruch HaShem' . He is a devout man, and has no doubt that HaShem healed him. I am just getting to grips with how Yeshua fits into all this. l grew up with him. We sparred like all brothers do. But he told me many times over the years that I would be the one to take forward the family business. He had to do the will of his father. After all this time I think I am beginning to understand."
Rivkah had fallen asleep in Shmuel's lap so he carried her off to bed. He beckoned to Shmuli,
"Aw, Dad!"
"Come on, you're with the sheep tomorrow.  You'll be here early tomorrow, won't you, Yov?"
"You bet."
Shmuli shuffled off reluctantly.
"What do you make of him?"
Ya'acov was looking directly at me. That put me on the spot. Yeshua had asked me that and I had promised not to tell anyone what I had told him.
"Come on, that's not fair," Yov had said little up to this point. "Her husband is not here"
I heaved a sigh. Saved by etiquette. Baruch HaShem.

No comments:

Post a Comment