Rut of KfarGanot

Saturday 25 August 2012

Shmuli is confused

7 Elul

It is a quiet Shabbat. Well, it was quiet until a moment ago. I can hear Yoshi and Shmuli shouting at each other in the yard. Shmuel motioned me to stay where I am. He's gone outside. I'll get back to you in a bit, they've woken the twins.

I heard Shmuel send Yoshi home and invite Shmuli back to the shed. He was not there long. When he came back, he said,
"I gave him a choice. The usual punishment or a discussion with the Rabbi. He chose the Rabbi."
I wonder why?!

Shmuli was gone for ages. I don't know what Rabbi Moshe thought about this intrusion on Shabbat but he obviously took it seriously. He had intended to spend the day at Uncle Shaul's as far as I know. Their habit is to study Torah I guess Ya'acov would be there too . Shmuel said he did not intend our son to go immediately, but he dashed off straight away. Perhaps he thought Dad would change his mind.

I asked him how it went when he was getting ready for bed. He just said that grown-ups are really strange and he wished he didn't have to be one one day. They make life so complicated! That's true. But I would love to know what made him feel like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment