Rut of KfarGanot

Friday 14 September 2012

27 Elul ~ WINE THAT CHEERS THE HEART!

We have been working hard with harvesting today. Well, I was involved with clearing out the room where Shmuel keeps his wineskins. We had to sweep up and he checked the poles where he hangs it all. We do use jars for wine too but the taste its very different. It's nice to have a choice. We can't wait until Succot when we can taste the new wine. As the year goes on, the wine ferments and the taste changes. I like it when it's sweet and new. I have always thought it can be a bit vinegary when it's old, but Shmuel disagrees. I think men like the way old wine can cheer the heart. It only makes me sleepy.

I am ready for Shabbat, but not before all the women got together with Aunt Tirzah to arrange a roster for when Chava and Galit are away. They will be gone for three weeks and we need someone to make bread and do other chores while they're gone. Becoming reliant on others does have its disadvantages.

I almost forgot! Yonatan heard about his wife Shira today. Her father is being difficult, but one of the judges had found out he won't let her leave the house. He sent word that he will be passing here in a few days and will see if he can help. I only heard part of the message but I got the impression the man knows Yeshua. I may be wrong about that though, but he does seem to have some influential friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment