Rut of KfarGanot

Thursday 20 September 2012

Farewell to the pilgrims

4 Tishrei

What an amazing day! We all gathered to give the pilgrims a good send off. As well as cheering and hugging we pressed them with gifts for the journey. We waved and cheered ourselves hoarse. Miri had given all the women and girls ribbons to wave and all the little girls had invented a dance to go with the psalms we sang. Shmuli and Yoshi walked down the hill with Galit looking very sombre - as if he were going away forever!

I went home to the housework - something I have become unaccustomed to of late - and set to with a sigh.
It is going to be hard to get used to doing all this work on my own again. We do have a bread roster so that will help, at least on days it is not my turn. But I still have other chores I did not have before. Still I am so happy for them all I am sure they will be blessed. We are already making plans to give them a feast when they return, just as Azuvah did for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment