Rut of KfarGanot

Friday 7 September 2012

Where will it all end?

20 Elul

Galit arrived a little early this morning. The others were not back from the milking. He put the bread on the table and I paid him his money. It's a real luxury to have freshly baked bread delivered every day. I will be baking for Shabbat of course, but we buy all our other bread from Galit these days. We will miss the deliveries when they go to Yerushalayim next week. Three weeks of baking my own bread! Will I have time for the weaving, I wonder? In the past we have all done our own cooking and chores but over the last few months all that has changed. We have Chava doing housework, we buy in bread, we have regular hired hands on the farm and share tending the sheep with three other families. Everyone can now develop their other talents to support the family. Who would have thought our fortunes could have changed so much in such a short time?

Our latest employee,Yonatan, is sleeping in our guest room for now. He could have slept in the barn but I did not feel comfortable with that. He has lost his family on account of Yeshua and that must be terrible. He was a good friend of my sister's husband so I suppose looking out for him is a family responsibility. He says my sister is keeping well but the town is very unhappy about the judgement last week. They will be ploughing the thicket as soon as they can get organised. The children only escaped trouble because the Sanhedrin might hear of it. Not only are they rejecting Yeshua, but they are unhappy with our religious leaders now. We used to have such a good relationship with them, trading in their market and visiting the synagogue but now... Where will it all end?

No comments:

Post a Comment