Rut of KfarGanot

Wednesday 7 November 2012

A song to HaShem

22 Cheshvan

I managed to get away for a few minutes this afternoon. Aunt Tirzah had forgotten to bring her needle box, so I offered to fetch it. It was a welcome relief from standing at the loom reaching up high for hours on end. As I crossed the square I was struck by the sound of work in progress. Women were singing traditional rhythmic weaving songs and the men singing as they worked in the fields. I could hear their deep voices echo back from across the valley.
"We plough the fields and sow the seed HaShem will send the rain
If we are faithful in our part
He'll assure the grain..."
And the women answer from the weaving sheds,
"The yarn,we send it to and fro
to and fro, to and fro
The yarn we send it to and fro
And keep the tension even ..."

Then the girls chimed in with nursery rhymes for the little ones. It was a magical moment. One of those times that make life special and worth all the hardships.
What if the angels are singing too as they work?...
I had to tear myself away. I had work to do and a song to sing. What a privilege to be part of it all.

For more go to luvshmuli.com

No comments:

Post a Comment