Rut of KfarGanot

Sunday 25 November 2012

Silas has died. An old man who has fulfilled his years

11 Kislef
I was awoken this morning by the unmistakable sound of mourning. Rivkah and Shmuli came to get into bed with me. We just held each other close. There is something about that sound that is so final. My heart went out to Eliyahu and his family. Shmuel came back from Eliyahu's goats as the rest of us were getting up. He had gone out to them early so that Shmuli would not be out there alone when the mourners took up their cry.
He just said, "It's over."
"I'll go and fetch the baby straight after breakfast" I told him.
"OK, Honey. Where's Chava?"
"Azuvah is first on the list to sit with the family. I expect she's dealing with family stuff."
Just then, Chava arrived with a rather tearful Lud and one of her mother's little ones.
"I hope you don't mind..."
"No. We'll just have a creche here like we always do."
The little girl climbed up on Shmuel's knee and have him a big wet kiss.
"She does that to everyone " Chava apologised, "You can see why mother couldn't take her to Eliyahu's"
"She'll be fine here." laughed Shmuel giving her some bread dipped in honey, "Let's get on with the chores is going to be a busy day."

No comments:

Post a Comment