Rut of KfarGanot

Thursday 29 November 2012

The Kings fringe

15 Kislef
I didn't have to wait long to find out what Reuven thought about the king and the funeral. He sent Yonah with a message for Shmuel and a little gossip for me. I don’t know what he wanted with Shmuel, he wasn’t saying, but the gossip was sweet. One of the women from Migdal who had processed the order for the palace had come to the funeral. She remembered the cloak because of it’s quality. She had noticed that King Herod had had a fringe added. Well, of course, he had every right to add one - a royal one. There is a fringe only a King can wear, just as Rabbis have special ones. Yonah wondered if Reuven could advertise the garments “as worn by the king...” but I doubt it, Herod might not take kindly to having his name used like that!
He asked if we had seen Rabbi Yeshua, some friends of his mistress (Miriam of Migdal) wanted him to hurry to Yerushalayim as their brother was ill and may be dying. I was so sorry to have to say that I had no idea, all we knew was that he had left KfarNahum last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment