Rut of KfarGanot

Saturday 17 November 2012

Vered is a formidable woman

3 Kislef

I am just sitting here after lunch thinking that it was a terrific wedding. Despite organising so much of what went on I did get time to join in. Miriam of Migdal arranged for some people to wait table which took some of the pressure off. It was her gift to Vered. She wanted to "bless a talented weaver" she said. Anyway, we witnessed the wedding as best we could because of the crush. Then to the feast... every available space in Uncle's house... the tent... the roof was taken. Shmuel and I were close enough to hear the speeches. Typical wedding speeches you know the sort of thing, people doing their best to make the bride or groom blush. There were plenty of speeches, one I remember was from one of Yov's cousins. He said,
"I remember Yov being a very headstrong young man. We used to say it would take a very formidable woman to domesticate him."
"She's certainly that!" interjected Uncle Shaul rather too loudly.
You should have seen the look my aunt have him. The whole place erupted with laughter!
Everyone was quite merry by then and
after that the dancing began. Shmuel and Shmuli, Danni and Yoshi and a few others joined Rabbi Moshe providing the music. It went on late into the night and the dancers reeled and swayed as we waited for news from the marital chamber. I don't recall when that came exactly, I woke up to feed the twins in the small hours to find I was asleep in my aunt's back room! I had obviously gone there to feed them some hours before and had nodded off! The music had stopped by then. As I said it was a terrific wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment