Rut of KfarGanot

Wednesday 19 December 2012

I sound just like my mother, it's scary

5 Tevet
I understand lra, the new little boy, loves crispy things. The boys took him to KfarNahum yesterday. Shmuli says he needs some more cheering up though. I think he has something planned, I hope it's not mischief. Really, I do sound like my mother when I say that, it's scary.

My sister and I used to get into so much mischief. We would do all kinds of things girls shouldn't do. I remember the time we were caught having a mud fight on the stream that ran alongside our farm. My seat still stings when I remember the discipline applied in Abba's workshop. Another time - I must have been about Rivkah's age - I got stuck in a palm tree trying to pick dates. I had no idea how to get down! Abba left me there to contemplate my behaviour before getting one of the older boys to climb up and lower me down on a rope. He didn't need to use his usual medicine as he called it, he knew I was feeling humiliated enough. I never tried climbing a date palm again. Remembering all this, I feel slightly guilty that I get cross with Shmuli and Rivkah, but I suppose all children have to learn the same lessons. That feeling departed very quickly though, Shmuli came home covered in date syrup from helping Galit cook lukka (donuts) for Ira to cheer him up. I think, by the state of him, he helped eat them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment