Rut of KfarGanot

Tuesday 11 December 2012

More partying at Yov's house

27 Kislef
It never ceases to amaze me how children don't feel tired when they are having fun. The day after, though, is another story. Yesterday, my two fell asleep at very turn so they were told to turn in as soon as they returned from Yov's house. Shmuli wanted to write his diary, but Dad said it would have to wait, sleep was the most important thing. Rivkah fell asleep mid moan and Shmuel carried her to her bed. He told Shmuli that he would have to get himself there under his own steam. I think he must have had his eyes closed, he knocked over the lampstand on his way, fortunately I had not got round to lighting it yet.
They were still a bit bleary eyed today, but I promised them something nice for dinner if they were good. That seemed to keep them motivated all day. I kept my promise and cooked southern fried chicken. Sadly, there were no baskets but the washing up was a small price to pay to see contented smiles all round.

We all went over to see Yov and Vered afterwards and Shmuel treated us all to one of his stories from Torah afterwards. We had Noah and the flood with the audience doing sound effects... wind...rain... mighty waves...

Then we got to singing as we always do, psalms mostly, interspersed with children's songs with plenty of actions. We sang all the old favourites and learned a couple of new ones Yov had learned in the south in his younger days. We got quite carried away with one about Solomon building the Temple. For the life of me I can't remember the words. But I do remember it involved cutting the stone, carving the stone and building layer on layer. It was fun but we all got to bed very late again. Oh well, I'd better get on, I guess we'll be doing it all over again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment