Rut of KfarGanot

Wednesday 5 December 2012

who's digging who with whose elbow?

21 Kislef

It's been an odd sort of day, Shmuli and his friends have been making baskets for the party. You know, the kind of baskets you eat out of on a picnic. It seems that Shmuel told them that they would be responsible for the washing up, and they had decided that disposable dishes would be far better option. What they hadn't realised was they would have to make the disposable dishes! Still, they knew how to make them because they been doing that for their food business.

Shmuel allowed to use the corner of his basket shed for the project. Every time I passed the door I could hear moaning, grumbling or shouting as they argued very loudly with each other about who was doing the best job?… Who had made the most baskets?… Or who was digging who with whose elbow?… You can imagine the sort of thing. I had to laugh but I tried to keep it to myself. By the end of the afternoon, there was a good pile of little baskets made of palm fronds waiting for Shmuel's inspection.
I could not help myself, I peered through a crack in the door as the inspection took place. Mu husband looked extremely serious, pursing his lips and “tutting” a lot while the little boys looked on wide eyed. Finally, he said,
“Hmmm..., I think they’ll do. Have you thought about going into business making disposable plates?”
“Aw, Dad...” Shmuli moaned, “its too much like hard work!”
“Only joking!” Dad grinned “These will be fine for the party, I hope you all have a great time, you deserve it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment