Rut of KfarGanot

Thursday 10 January 2013

28 Tevet ~ HE SAW THEM COMING!

Rut_Shmuel_Shmueli_ArtShmuel and the others arrived home from the market with new clothes all round.  All the men had put money in a pot, according to their means, and sent the party to market.  As Shmuel tried on his new outfit, I was taken aback, "How much did you pay for that?" I asked him.

"Is there something wrong with it?"

"No, Darling, it's just that I made it for Reuven, I wondered if he's getting a good price for our work."

"I guess he is," he replied, "We paid five times what you get from the courier!"

"I guess some of it will come back as profit, but it's a strange  way of doing business, buying back your own work at an inflated price. That merchant saw you coming!"

"I don't understand..."

I explained, "Reuven pays us, then usually trebles the price to the merchant, who then gets what he can for it over and above what he paid. He must have thought all his Feast days had come at once!"

Perhaps my husband will think twice before acting recklessly in future.  I hope so or we'll be back to poverty before you know it!

Read Rut's son's daily blog on LuvShmuli.com

No comments:

Post a Comment