Rut of KfarGanot

Friday 1 February 2013

A man must have an excuse to have chicken soup

21 Shvat

The men have been busy inspecting and repairing the terraces today. I made Shmuel and Shmuli promise me there would be no repeat of last year when my son got hurt and ran such a fever. They promised they would be careful, but Shmuel observed as they were getting ready, that we have a live in medic these days and besides, a man must have an excuse to expect extra portions of chicken soup sometimes!
Soup I can do. Worry, I'd rather not. Would he take extra care if I made chicken soup, I asked. He winked and told me not to become a scolding wife. At that I chased them both out of the kitchen with my broom.

Did I see my husband turn at the gate and pull a silly face at me? I can't be sure, but I hope the rabbi wasn't looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment