Rut of KfarGanot

Thursday 28 February 2013

Dumplings make you feel warm just thinking about them

18 Adar
Shmuli moved his treasures into the barn last night. Today, he has decided to move into Club Or's office. I wasn't sure about that, but Shmuel said he could. He assures me he will be back in the barn before I know it but it's best he finds out why the animals live so close to us. It's true, they keep us warm. The barn wall is very thin and the heat from the animals makes quite a difference on cold winter nights. They are outside in summer or the temperature would be unbearable. It's handy not to have to go too far for dung to put on the fire when it's cold out too.

Rivkah and I set about cleaning out the vegetable store today.That always means it's a soup day as we use up things that won't keep. Rivkah did a good job cutting out the bad bits and chopping so we had a fine vegetable soup with herb dumplings for supper. There's something about dumplings that makes you feel warm just thinking about them. I'm sure you know what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment